Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heaven's Ed!

I would just like to say something that recently happened to me last saturday night at church. Recently like I have mentioned I am struggling with some convictions on my heart. I broke down on my knees a few nights ago and cried out to God in my tears. I told him of my convictions that were burdening my heart and I asked for his forgiveness and guidence through my struggles. I sat there in silence seeking God and....nothing. It worried me but I accepted the fact that it wasn't maybe the right moment in time for God to come. Which leads me to my story. That night God laid on Pastor Wicker's heart to talk about "Mind Control". Meaning the battles we face in our minds with Satin. At the end of his sermon he asked people to come to the altar and confess the sinful thoughts going on in your life. That message I felt was spoken directly to me with my emotional struggles. So I went up to the altar and prayed through my tears to God. Church was ending and people were walking out. I was walking next to this elderly man and he just kept giving me this look like he knew me? Then when I was walking to my Bible and Life Group the elder man stopped me and said you know God really just laid on my heart to just pray for specifically you tonight. I was literally blown away! I asked what he needed prayers for. We exchanged names. His name was Ed. I felt God's presence and he really did speak to me after all. He let me know he's having people help me along with his righteous hands. So through this story God let me know that he may not speak to you when you want him to but he listens and will help you through your struggles. Maybe Heaven will send you your ED! Praise God!

No comments: